HERE IT IS! My OFFICIAL NYC Marathon Training Schedule*!
Thank you to everyone who sent feedback on my original schedule. After hearing about over-training and the “less-is-more” approach, I’ve decided to take make my schedule based off a routine my friend (thanks Becky!) used for her first marathon- The Less Is More Plan from Runner’s World.
It includes 3 days of running each week where other programs typically have 4-5. This works well with my schedule, giving me plenty of time for cross-training/spin class, plus it’s 16 weeks, the exact amount of time I have after my triathlon. My friend said this plan prepared for the race without over-training her, it was hard (as is any marathon-prep), but it got her to the finish line.
I’ve made the plan work for my own schedule, adding in my spin classes, plus at least 1 day of strength training (or cardio conditioning) with the option to add a second day or rest, depending on how I feel that week. I’ve also added the “bonus” column with the hope that each week I’ll be able to fit in a yoga class.
If you’re in the NYC area and training for a marathon and want to join for some long runs, let me know!
*the half marathon is still TBD but will be around weeks 7-10 & will slightly alter the long run schedule
- bananacreamcupcakes likes this
- sucre-et-soie likes this
- laqueenofspades likes this
- prettyfitbody reblogged this from runnerbridget
- thehealthywarrior likes this
- runnerbridget reblogged this from shapinup
- thegroovproject likes this
- sqndra likes this
- domesticmenace likes this
- hschertzer likes this
- running-banana likes this
- toanewday3 reblogged this from shapinup
- journeyofafoodaholic reblogged this from shapinup
- urbanfitopia likes this
- shapinup posted this